Monday, May 30, 2011

I Love My Job!





It may sound strange, but I believe I have the best job in the world!  I may have come to this work through a certain amount of financial desperation, but after seeing my first few clients--many of whom were spiritual, "New Agey-types" like myself, I realized I had hit upon something that really clicked for me.  In recent years, I have gone through many hardships, including a failed attempt in another underground business, multiple relationship disappointments--including abandonement by a partner, who promised to "marry me, take care of me," and help me buy my home.  So near the end of this very bleak period, I went into a very dark place, became quite ill, and yet--in keeping with my belief in a benevolent Universe--I prayed for a way out of it all, and this new career came to me.

     I had been dating on the regular, romantic boards of Craigslist and PlentyofFish, but had not found the partner I felt I still needed.  These experiences did give me a certain familiarity with the on-line dating world, and after my depression, I just thought to myself, "Hmmm...maybe I'll just take a look at the adult services section."  I saw many posts by women in their 20s, and I was a bit put off by this at first, but then I ran across an ad for a woman in her 40s, and clicked on her website.  I thought:  "If she can do it, so can I--and I won't charge as much!!!"  I placed my ad, got six calls the first day, and have never looked back!

     I have always been quite open-minded about the industry I'm in now, but of course I had to overcome a number of my own stereotypes regarding the "worlds' oldest profession" (I actually take issue with this designation:  I think motherhood is the oldest profession, but that's a topic for another blog!)  When I first contemplated this work, I imagined myself "sitting in a dark room, waiting for the perverts to arrive."  This gloomy vision couldn't have been further from the truth.  I find the vast majority of my clients to be warm, affectionate, healthy individuals, who need to avail themselves of my services for one reason or another.  Several of them have become friends, even.  Believe it or not--and this is why I felt a huge "thumbs-up" from the Universe--my very first client was an actual acquaintance!!!  Remarkable, but true.  I am quite well known in the community in my "other life," but after a year and a half of this work, the two worlds have never again collided.  My first client is a very kind, spiritually-oriented man, and was very generous in his advice and tutoring of me as I began my new career path.  Coincidence?  I don't think so!!! 

     I hit my sexual peak a number of years ago, and have been blessed (and/or cursed) with an above-average libido ever since, which is certainly a very helpful state of affairs for this type of work.  I am an attractive woman, and have been given the great good luck to possess a nice figure without having to do anything to keep it so.  Many people think I am 10-15 years younger than I am, which doesn't hurt in this business, either.  What is so odd is that I was having so much trouble finding a reliable partner through "normal" dating, and even though I have had several long-term relationships in my life (including marriage), these men I attracted recently behaved in a very guarded manner towards me, and seemed to feel that I "wanted" something unreasonable from them--like their soul--or something along those lines.  I believe that all of those disappointments were the Universe nudging me to stretch myself--to see myself in a new light--and to completely and utterly transform my relationships with men.

     Most of my clients treat me better than many of the men I dated, perhaps because of the honest, up-front, and purely transactional nature of the encounter.  I never would have believed it if anyone had told me in the beginning, but this type of work really can satisfy much of the normal human need for intimacy--at least in my case.  When discussing my new job with a friend, and all the frustration I experienced in the past--just over getting laid, for God's sake--he said:  "Wow--you start charging for it, and everyone comes out of the woodwork!!!"  I actually wish I would have become a call girl years ago, but I had to be ready for it.  I have often wondered since I stared this work:  "Why did I ever give it away for FREE?!!!

     Almost without exception, this new career path has been one of the best things that's ever happened to me in my whole life.  I will write at length in future entries how liberating, empowering, life-affirming, and yes--even healing--it has been.  I hope you enjoy reading about my insights and experiences, and I encourage you to comment, if you feel so moved.  Let the adventure begin!!!

           

    

 

5 comments:

  1. Wow nice blog...but what I guess your out of my price range.

    The lonely fireman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog reveals a very honest and intelligent woman. It is nice to see a more mature woman offering her companionship. I will contact you when in your area soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with a previous post that it is very refreshing to find a mature woman offering companionship. For me, it is about not having time for a long term relationship. But I find the immature 20 somethings very shallow and uncaring. Thanks for the blog Rachel. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Con todo mi respeto del mundo, que tu te mereces, quiero decir que se necesita tener mucho mas que el corazón, y usted Rachel, tiene todo lo que ninguna mujer tiene,es admirable,lo que ha sido el trayecto de su vida en este trabajo. Algo me dice que en su momento cambiara su vida,llegar el verdadero amor de su vida.Good Look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. QUIET, The day you least think about it, everything will settle down. You will realize * what is really worth and what is not *. You will learn that you care less about what others think of you and that you care more what you think of you. You will realize how far you have come and you will remember the time when everything seemed like a disaster. As a process that you had to go through, to become the person you are today. ^^ And smiles, smiles, and you will be very proud of you and the woman in whom all your fights, failures and challenges have made you a great * Woman *.

    ReplyDelete